Tripment: A Digital Healthcare Platform to End Surprise Bills
U.S. healthcare spending, the second largest expense in an average American household after housing, reached $3.6 trillion in 2019 and is expected to increase to $4 trillion in 2020. Numbers like these have real impacts on real people. Each year in the U.S., high healthcare costs lead to bankruptcies, home foreclosures, and financial instability. Many people have to choose between getting healthcare or being able to afford basic necessities. The most frustrating part is that medical costs in the U.S. are largely unknown to patients and oftentimes cannot be planned for nor negotiated. Frequent surprise bills leave people scrambling to pay for medical care, ironically at the expense of their wellbeing and peace of mind.
It’s time the U.S. healthcare industry got back on track, and at Tripment, we’ve got just the solution.
Tripment is revolutionizing the U.S. healthcare industry
Competition is a driver of progress and innovation, benefiting consumers and society. Yet in the U.S., the only industry without fair competition is healthcare. As a result, prices for medical services increase annually while quality deteriorates. Americans are continually paying more for their medical care, but quality and service hasn’t always kept apace. With technical advancements in recent years, Americans are now more than ever engaged in their healthcare, and the industry is ripe to be disrupted. And that is exactly where Tripment comes in, with a new and innovative approach to shopping online for healthcare services. At Tripment, our simple online platform with transparent pricing on healthcare procedures creates competition where it is long overdue and puts patients and doctors back in the driver’s seat.
How the Tripment platform brings value to patients
Research overwhelmingly indicates that modern consumers want to be well-informed about the goods and services they purchase, knowing accurate prices and quality upfront. But in healthcare, this is almost impossible today. One has to search far and wide to find all the relevant information he/she needs. At Tripment, we are aiming to change this. On tripment.com, patients can finally see actual costs for healthcare services all in one place as well as access ample information about each provider, assessing them based on quality and reputation, not just price. This will give patients renewed confidence in their decisions, that they are getting the best quality for the best price. An easy to book appointment and payment system rounds out the process and makes Tripment the best option for those who are finally ready to put surprises away and know that their medical treatment will not be an unforeseen economic burden.
In summary, Tripment provides the following benefits to patients:
- Transparent pricing on healthcare procedures
- Evaluate doctors based on quality and reputation
- Discover new doctors and procedures
- Peace of mind and confidence in decisions
- Easy to book in-person and virtual appointments
- Pay for services out-of-pocket or using insurance
How the Tripment platform brings value to healthcare providers
Many healthcare providers today are burned out by the current system and want real change. They are tired of struggling with the current cumbersome reimbursement system while earning less and churning through patients as though on an assembly line. With Tripment, doctors can get access to self-paying patients and forgo complicated billing systems. Tripment’s simple to use billing and payment processing will decrease admin workload and free up time to spend with patients.
With the Tripment platform, doctors will also no longer have to become their own marketing experts to get new patients through the door. Instead, they can create a simple and modern profile on Tripment, and then leave the rest of the work up to us.
Benefits to practitioners:
- Create a clean, modern profile and manage in real-time
- Attract new patients with Tripment’s marketing tools
- Gain industry insights and analyze competitors
- List accurate procedure prices
- Showcase ratings and reviews
- Simple appointment booking and payment processing
A service you can count on
The current situation in the U.S. healthcare system is not working for patients nor providers. It’s time to bridge the gap that ensures patients receive quality care and transparent prices while providers connect better with their patients and streamline their processes. Join us and transform the healthcare industry to create better access to affordable care. We look forward to working together to become part of the solution!
- Amy Isler, RNWhat’s in a Title: Different Types of Healthcare Providers & What They DoChoosing an experienced primary care physician is an important decision that can be both intimidating and confusing. In your search, you will probably come across providers who have different titles and hold different licenses and certifications that you may not fully understand.
- Tripment Health TeamTypes of Mental Health Professionals - Which One Should You Choose?As the pandemic continues with no immediate end in sight, there has been an increased focus on looking at mental health.